The internet has been positively abuzz with what everyone has picked for their 2017 Resolution, and I’m sitting here sipping my coffee trying to figure out if I should change out of my pajamas or not.
It should be absolutely no surprise to anyone who knows me that my entire 2016 experience was a glorious mixture of some astoundingly awesome highs, but also an epic shit show on several other fronts, which I have lovingly compiled below:
Highlights of 2016
- Did amazing in all of my classes
- Met some pretty frickin’ awesome people who absolutely make life worth living
- Was introduced to a smattering of tabletop games (Arkham Horror anyone?)
- Worked on multiple amazing projects (and with teams of folks who did not suck balls)
- Took part in 2 awesome conferences to present my work & won a few awards
- Got Engaged!
Stank parts of 2016
- My Mother died in a house fire the day after my fiance’s birthday
- Have had to deal with sorting out my Mums estate
- A tree fell on our condo
- Our central AC Unit released the magic smoke and abruptly died
- Decided I couldn’t reconcile my love of animals and eat them so I decided to go vegetarian/vegan
- David Bowie, Harper Lee, Alan Rickman, Arnold Palmer & Carrie Fisher died.
I could honestly go on for days in regards to both columns, but I don’t want to fret so much about the things that have happened in the past (they are after all, done and over with), and with everything that I already have in the works for 2017, I’m starting my New Year with what I can only describe as tumultuous excitement.
My 2017 Resolution — Getting It Done!
Big changes for the year include the re-branding of my blog Eclipsed Moon over to That’s Pretty Geeky. This switch-over has been on my list of projects for over a year, but I had never quite managed to take the plunge and move everything over. I suppose that the time never quite felt right, and I could never decide how to organize all of my old posts and have the same look and feel that I wanted my blog to take on for the future.
After all, I’m turning 30 this April, I’m a grown up now! I wanted a blog where I could swear as much as I wanted but still look like a
actual functioning adult blogged here, but I also wanted a space where I could feel I could ramble on about topics that ranged from makeup to video games and back again. This is the result of that desire. I hope you like it!
I can’t wait to start blogging again and sharing everything from my personal projects to my current video game insanity (and maybe even a few recipes that I’ve found and want to share with everyone!). I’ve been away from the blog-o-sphere for far too long, and I’m looking forward to returning with a fervor.
So when picking out my resolution for 2017 I decided that it should be something that also sums up the spirit and hope for That’s Pretty Geeky:
Less Ass, More Sass
See you on the blogger side!